CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, September 4, 2008

The Blob!


"The Blob" remake is a really good movie with effects that were pretty swell for 1988! This movie, compared to the 1958 original is far gorier with the blob attacking with vengeance anybody that dares fire guns or flame throwers at it. This one has a mind of its own. The end is specially creepy with the one eyed Preacher man and his sick dream! I never remembered this part till I re-watched it. I love that, when I pick up a flick I haven't seen since I was a kid and discover part of the film that I had forgot or it flew over my head. It's like finding money in the bottom of uer pants pocket that you didn't know was their until you finally put them on again.

The one person I’m glad the thing didn’t eat was Meg, the heroine played by Shawnee Smith. It was weird to see how far her roots went,Shawnee, I only remember her from the "Saw" series as the recovered heroin addict. She was good in this movie it made me appreciate her more on "Saw", but she did good and she was cute I loved her when her boyfriend gets consumed by the Blob in the hospital scene! That scene was pretty shocking to me seeing it again and all. The FX were really good. This movie is boss so pic it up if you haven't seen or hardly remember it!

0 comments: